Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cozy Artmaking


When the weather dipped in early January and my fight began for feeling warm physically and emotionally, I felt the need to work on "closer" work.  Sitting at a table, with shoes off and reading glasses on, I could be a different sort comfortable making art. This has taken form in two different bodies of work both on paper. One series focuses on my continued fascination with using old photographs as a source, and then creating a series (20) of drawings on vellum paper using china marker,graphite, and turpentine. These drawings will then become a source for encaustic paintings, lively artist books using my creative writings, and some book assemblages that I have only so far developed in my head - using old found books.  The other works on paper are some playful paintings working with water media based on my photo journal of our trip to Italy, and paintings I had done in oil in the fall. Here is a drawing I was working on yesterday.
Enjoy! 

No comments: