Saturday, March 6, 2010

Momentum






Its a well-known understanding that once you establish some momentum in anything you do, its easier to keep going. My studio work has a lot of energy now but its spread among many projects, maybe even too many. I have shared with you a collection of photographs that demonstrate what I have been doing lately including researching ideas and "places" for the upcoming Old Hallowell Day - which I am honored to be doing this year's painting for promotional activities, a small series of encaustic paintings on heavy paper titled "If I Only Knew What I Knew Now" for a project with the group New England Wax, more birds, and a series of paintings in both oil and encaustic featuring one of my favorite areas to paint - the blueberry barrens and glacial landscape of Frankfort / Prospect, Maine Show for a show at Cerulean with photographer Bill Duffy. Enjoy. And more to come soon!

1 comment:

SHANNA WHEELOCK said...

i know that feeling when there are too many projects/ideas going at once. but...love that momentum that builds once a project begins.

keep working!

if we are in hallowell over old hallowell days - we will definitely have to stop by the gallery and check out your and jana's latest works!